Get your board’s priorities right.
Focus your board on what matters. Use Foresight’s Agenda Hierarchy and Analytics to achieve the right balance among your Board’s 3 top priorities.
- Company’s Leadership. It is the Board’s most important function. Leadership is critical to an enterprise’s success, as Leadership runs the enterprise and executes strategy and tactics.
- Choosing people to lead the Company: Selecting and evaluating the CEO and C-Suite
- Choosing the Board’s leadership and leadership structure: Also, evaluating its performance and choosing its successors
- Workforce and Culture. Setting the tone and expectations through policies, compensation, leading by example
- Company’s Strategy. It’s about setting the Company’s direction, the aim and trajectory of its products and services, its capital allocation, and its contribution to society.
- Planning and Risk: Including these in the board’s review and approval of the strategic plan (3 to 5-year timeframe) and annual budget
- Innovation: Overseeing new product/service initiatives, improvements in current products/services, new production and service delivery methods
- Capital Planning and Shareholders: Optimizing capital allocation and weighing investor expectations
- Execution. A Board reviews and discusses results, evaluates proposed transactions, and pursues “red flags.”
- Profitability and Disclosure: Balancing short-term profits and long-term growth/gain. Ensuring integrity and accuracy in disclosures
- Compliance, Quality & Integrity: Leveraging these to create a competitive advantage
- Transactions: Evaluating and approving transactions consistent with the company’s strategy
Foresight transforms how boards and corporate governance professional work – with advanced technology that speeds and elevates their work.
Agile Board. Agile Organization.
© 2018-2023 Corporate Governance Partners, Inc.